Welcome Beings of All Sorts

Welcome beings of all sorts! Somehow, you have found this blog. :D I congratulate you on that whether it was through success or failure! My name is Madeleine Schmuch aka MadDog and I am an amateur cosplayer. I will also be your guide here. This blog came to be because I needed to organize my cosplays and constantly work on them so that I would finish them. I thought that if I had a commitment to post I would work more often and would not forget important things. This blog started off as being called "MadDog's Sewing" but has since then turned into a guide to cosplay and has taken on the new name "MadDog's Wicked Guide to Wicked Cosplay." That being said, I'm terrible with names. This blog should really be called "MadDog's Tips That She's Found to be Useful and is now Sharing on a Blog in Hopes That They Might Help Somebody Else in Their Efforts to Cosplay." That name fits this blog much better however, it was a little bit too long. Moving on, I've added new sections to make this blog more informative but they are almost all ongoing sections. (If you need information on certain things now, please shoot me an email. Email: wickedcosplay@yahoo.com) Whether you just want to follow my projects or learn how to start cosplaying, I'm hoping that this blog will be a help. MadDog out! :)

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Alois Trancy Part Five: Vest

I definitely would've preferred to be starting something big and new this post but my most recent trip to the fabric store did not prove to be as fruitful as I might have hoped and I have had this fabric lying around for a while. I basically took the day Friday to whip it into a (heavily modified to actually fit me) almost finished vest and completed it over the weekend. Here is the final product. I got the lines down the front just by using a fabric marker and a ruler. MadDog out!


THE SUMMER OF COSPLAY!
  • FINISHING MY FRACKING ALOIS TRANCY COSPLAY ONCE AND FOR ALL! This involves:
  1. Finish the pain in the butt Jacket.
  2. Complete the vest.
  3. Make some booty shorts.
  4. Acquire black, thigh-high socks.
  5. Buy a wig.
  • Completing either my C.C. or Homura Akemi (both of which I have already begun).
  • Making my Senior Dress-Up Day costume (which I thought was going to be Zelda but now that I've taken on Hajime she may be off the table. I dunno--we'll see).
  • Starting both a 833 M17UN4 C4P70R (Bee Mituna Captor from Homestuck) and a Trickster Dirk Strider (also from Homestuck).
  • Designing and making the shoes, legs, and bodice of my Hajime Ichinose. (Preferably the arms as well but saving the wig, head piece, and skirt for later.)

4 comments:

  1. Your getting closer! By the way, you are right about what you said about Black Butler. The concept is great, but the execution is not the best. Sebastian is a cool character though, because he is "one hell of a butler." :) Only a few more episodes before I finish the series.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just stumbled on your blog looking for inspiration in making Alois cosplay attire for a friend. I love the work that you're doing. Everything is just beautiful. I have two questions. 1. which pattern did you use for the jacket? 2. did you use a pattern for the vest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon! Thanks so much! For the jacket I used (and slightly modified) Butterick B4954 and for the vest I used McCall's 4321. Hope this helps and best of luck! --MadDog

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...